How To Save On Blog Expenses
Once you start to self-host your blog, you’ll also start to think of ways on how to save on its fees. Running a “real” blog, so to speak, can be costly. Well, you have to pay for domain name, the hosting service, email responder and the added features you need to apply for your blog site.
Blog expenses can be paid annually or you can pay it on a one-time charge fee. If these aspects may add more to your billings then better listen up my friend. Now, here are some of the ways on how you can slash down your blog fees.
1. Avail of a new domain name – The first thing you do when you buy a domain name is check for availability. Remember, people register for a domain name and this happens everyday and this is why the URL you’ve chosen maybe registered already. In some instances, if that particular domain name became popular before then its price is surely high. The idea on how to save here is to buy a domain name that’s new and it hasn’t been registered before.
2. Opt for unlimited hosting – In web hosting, service packages vary and this means the space and in different gigabyte allotments. If you think you’ll go over the allotted space in a short span of time, you better look into unlimited hosting packages. With unlimited hosting package, extra fees are not necessary. Moreover with unlimited hosting, added features such as unlimited domain name, customer support and bandwidth are included.
3. Offer advertisement on your blog. You can earn extra cash with the extra space on your blog. Offer paid ads on your blog’s extra space to advertisers or you can be a part of affiliate marketing. These online money making efforts are quite common to bloggers and so take the opportunity in implementing it as well. If you have your own products or services to sell, a simple plug on your blog wouldn’t hurt.
4. Get discounts using coupons. Blog service providers give out coupons and it’s quite “rampant” online. So you think customers can be enticed without money saving offers such as discount coupons? Prior to clicking on the “buy now” button, try to search for a discount coupon code within the page. Oftentimes, you may find a coupon code and this will slash down the total price of your purchase. “Caching”!
5. Donations anyone? There are some bloggers who are openly accepting personal donations from satisfied readers. There are some readers that may find your blog articles very helpful for them and in turn, they may send you monetary bonus. Make sure to notify them on how they are able to send out their in-kind donations. PayPal offers an easy to install code for that purpose.
6. Sign up for multi-year contract. Well, bulk buying can also be applied in acquiring for blog services. Once you get the services of your chosen service provider on a long- term basis, the higher the discount you will get. Some services have contracts up to 10 years.
7. Be a reseller. Love your own services enough to resell them. Showcasing and promoting what you’ve already got in your blog is indeed feasible. Almost all blog service providers already has affiliate network connections. Once your blog becomes a part of the blog service provider, you can have the option to resell and still gain benefits.
8. Earn extra on paid guest post. Paid guest postings can be tricky especially if you have some concerns regarding SEO because your blog may incur backlinks. But paid guest posts can be lucrative for bloggers who don’t earn a lot from their traffic. Some offers may reach $100 and more and this can be a huge help to your blog expenses.
9. Don’t overdo it!. So you just paid for a new template and maybe got your blog’s.net domain (you know, to protect your brand). It’s just fine to “stick” with what you have for your blog. It’s not that yet important to change the template on your blog if it’s not yet required or purchase unnecessary tools for your blog. That’s exaggeration and of course costly.