Simple Steps to Bring in Traffic to Your Blog
You just setup your own blog and it’s ready to go. Now, the next process is to bring traffic in. So how do you do that? Before you can bring in traffic, it’s best to have at lease 10 post so your blog doesn’t look empty. You don’t want to greet visitors with an empty hand. That’s the first step.
Here are the next 6 steps to bring in traffic after you made your first 10 post:
- Ping The Blog Services – After each post you make, ping the blog services to let them know you have a blog and it’s just updated. These services are specially design to track and connect blogs. Ping-O-Matic is one of the services that can ping a number of services with a single click.
- Optimize Your Posts for Search Engines – There are rules to follow to get your post listed on search engine result page. Make your blog post title contains the primary keyword, use secondary keywords in your body of your post and use your keywords in the anchor text of links in the body of your posts.
- Submit To Press Releases – You blog is new, why not tell the world. Press release is a great way to bring in traffic and a great tool for branding. It’s free advertising and it can bring in massive traffic.
- Post on forums – Include your blog URL on your signature. Join forums you are interested in or your niche. Post and respond to other posts. Answer question that can help forum members. The more you expose yourself, the more your blog URL is visible. Don’t Spam. It’s a no-no on forums.
- Link exchange – Request link exchange with friends from other blogs related to yours. If you don’t have friends, find a blog you like and post comments. Make friends with the blog owner and create a relationship. The more you post comments the morel likely you will get traffic. Again, don’t spam. It will be a waste of your effort if you spam.
- Sign up for MyBlogLog.com – Open an account, install the widget and upload a picture. Every time you visit other blogs with a MyBlogLog widget install, your picture will appear on the widget box. Other people who visit that blog, might click on your picture and go to your blog. These 7 simple steps should give you a little boost to start building your blog traffic, and it’s free.